Contact Us. Get a Quote.
Proudly Serving Customers within a 40-Mile Radius of Great Barr, Birmingham
Countrywide Security Systems
M-F: 9am – 5pm
HOW CAN I PREVENT MY PROPERTY FROM BEING BROKEN INTO?
Unfortunately, we are all vulnerable to being the victims of a crime. However, we have created a list of things to do to that deter unlawful individuals:
- A fully activated alarm is an excellent deterrent. They are very loud and will make the potential burglar uneasy and scare them away.
- Install a good quality CCTV system to collect evidence and deter unlawful individuals.
- Quality locks on your doors and windows are another great way to slow burglars down or even prevent a break-in at your property.
For more information on how to secure your property, please read our informative blog.
WHY DOES MY BURGLAR ALARM KEEP FALSE ALARMING?
The most common reason for false alarms is the backup battery. This is located inside your main control panel. If you allow your backup battery to run low, this will affect the reliability of your alarm, causing no end of problems, including false alarms.
Another reason for false alarms is a poorly maintained system. We recommend having your alarm serviced every 12 months. This will help identify potential problems in the future and ensures that all your devices will activate correctly in the event of a break-in.
The life expectancy of a backup battery is five years; you must replace it if it is older than this.
HOW LONG WILL MY BURGLAR ALARM LAST FOR?
This really does depend on a number of factors. When choosing a burglar alarm system, you must look at:
- System make and model:While we stock a wide range of alarms, our most advanced burglar alarm is the Ajax alarm system.
- Installation: You may have chosen an alarm, however, the company/person who fits your alarm is just as important. Ensure that your installer is approved with SSAIB or NSI Gold.
- Service and maintenance:Make sure to get your alarm serviced every 12 months, as this will help identify potential problems in the future and allows you to check that all your devices will operate correctly in the event of a break-in.
By considering these factors prior to choosing an alarm, you can ensure that your alarm system will last for years to come.
WHAT TYPE OF BURGLAR ALARM SYSTEMS ARE OUT THERE?
There are two main types of burglar alarm systems: wired and wireless systems. A traditional wired burglar alarm system consists of cables running to each individual device, including movement detectors, door contacts, keypads and other installed devices. In contrast, a wireless system is sleeker, easier to install and powered by lithium batteries, providing a life expectancy of around 3-4 years.
Nowadays, wireless burglar alarm systems are more popular in homes, as they’re extremely reliable and most meet the current British and European Standards for alarms.
WHAT IS THE BEST CCTV SYSTEM OUT THERE?
There are a lot of CCTV Systems out there, with hundreds of different makes, models and types available. This makes it very difficult to choose the right one for you. Ultimately, it’s down to your budget and the size of your property. As a licensed CCTV installer, we have outlined a few tips on choosing the right security camera system, with the most crucial deciding factors being:
- Overall cost and number of cameras
- Image resolution
- Recording space and capability
- Who installs the CCTV system
DO I CHOOSE A WIRED OR WIRELESS CCTV SYSTEM?
Wireless CCTV systems are ideal in remote locations where cabling cannot be run. However, most wireless cameras are limited in picture quality and resolution and often rely on a constant wireless connection to work efficiently.
In contrast, wired cameras are seen as more reliable and can often record at a better image quality. However, the installation process often requires much more work and this is reflected in the cost.